Family Liaison Worker
Values Statement: Parents
We will communicate openly and honestly to ensure that we can be the best possible support to you and your family.
The Family Liaison role is an integral part of the school working closely with parents, carers and multi-agency teams on a daily basis; through their work they assist the school in aspects of the self - evaluation process providing reports/data to the Senior Leadership Team and the Governors. Additionally they help develop/implement action plans by working alongside the Head, Deputy and Governors and most importantly parents/carers.
The Family Liaison role therefore helps the school to:
- Inform prospective parents of the school’s offer; signposting additional county provision /Local Offer as required
- Signpost parents to specific resources/provision which offer additional support to families
- Support the transition process for all pupils new to the school
- Facilitate the transition process by gathering/sharing information from parents/external agencies
- Organise resources required to support transition into school (e.g. – ‘welcome to your class’ portfolios)
- Attend all necessary meetings aimed to support families (e.g. – TAC/CIN/Early Support)
- Uphold the safeguarding policy at all times and any/all safeguarding recommendations
- Provide additional information, advice and guidance for parents/carers/external agencies during their child’s learning journey at Curnow
- Attend any TAC/CIN meetings following consultation with the class teacher and families
- Obtain/monitor parental views with the aim of reinforcing positive practice and informing new/improved provision (e.g. – organising open days/training events, collating parents views following EHCP reviews)
- Continue to provide information for the wider community relating to the life of the school (web-site)
- Work with the designated teacher (Head Teacher) to support the CIC and PeP process allowing the school to meet all statutory guidance
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you require any further information in relation to identified roles and responsibilities; we will be happy to respond to any queries raised.
Family Liaison Worker