Home Page

Covid Update & Flambards

17 June 2021


Dear Parents/Carers,


Covid- Update


I just wanted to write to update you on the current picture. I am sure you will be aware that we are seeing rising cases of Covid in Cornwall and this week we have seen an impact in school; we currently have a number of staff and one pupil self-isolating via the track and trace system. As a direct result of this we have unfortunately had to close one of our class bubbles in lower school for four school days due to staffing shortages. I need to reiterate that, at the time of writing this letter, we have not had any positive cases linked to staff or pupils.

In light of the current rising cases in our locality and the potential knock on in terms of potential increased risk and effect on staffing, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Flambards trip next week, which affects our secondary students at Upper School. We are currently in discussions with the Rotary Club and Flambards in the hope that we might be able to re-schedule the trip for September and will let you know more details as soon as we can.

We will continue to monitor the situation and will, of course, keep you updated regarding any cases/impact of Covid.  We are so disappointed to have to cancel a much-anticipated trip but we will continue to prioritise the safety of our students and staff.

If you have any questions, queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your continued support and patience. 

Best wishes



Caroline Jewell

Head Teacher