Welcome to Godrevy (Post 16)
Post-16 is home to students who are aged between 16 and 19 years.
Life in Post-16 is destination led, which means we aim to further prepare each and every one of our students with the core understanding, skills and levels of independence needed for their journey into adulthood. We recognise that our learners have a wide range of talents, skills, interests and needs which enables us to personalise each student’s curriculum to helps them aspire and achieve.
Students additionally benefit from a wide range of links with FE providers during their time within Post 16; such links are embedded within our curriculum offer and further facilitated by the school/Careers South West as students prepare to leave at the end of Year 14.
In order to successfully and appropriately prepare our learners for adulthood, the Post-16 curriculum offer is divided into 3 core areas for students within our Ready2Learn (R2L) and Learning2Learn (L2L) pathways.
Each area has identified a rationale which informs our structured teaching/learning sessions. Long Term Planning ensures all students work within all three strands addressing the modules/units identified for each to secure equality of opportunity during their three year placement. Functional skills within Literacy and Numeracy are woven throughout all strands and are identified via our Long Term planning framework.
· Life Skills and Independent Living (delivered at Tregoweth – Pool Academy)
· Well-Being and Relationships
· Work Related Learning/Careers Education
Learning objectives and outcomes (WALT/WILF) are designed for each module/unit for each strand which are targeted to meet students' aspirations and individual learning needs. A large majority of the curriculum focuses on developing and consolidating functional skills, which allow students to apply their skills, knowledge understanding in ‘real life’ situations encouraging a generalisation of key skills across wider/less familiar settings.
As a result students engage with the wider community through a plethora of events and activities. Students are assessed at every stage of their journey towards adulthood in achieving greater independence. By involving all of our students in this assessment progress in a functional, fun and engaging manner, we ensure we strive to encourage all students to achieve their potential.
Students who access their learning via our Learning2Learn (L2L) route benefit from linked learning opportunities which are identified via their personalised timetable.
The Post-16 learning environment is diverse and wide ranging; this environment may change depending on which curriculum strand students are studying. Structured activities and events are purposefully selected to maximise learning outcomes (please see below):
· Life Skills: - Tregoweth Life Skills Centre and working in partnership with Pool Academy.
· Well-Being and Relationships: - includes such activities as the Dartmoor Jubilee Challenge, swimming at Carn Brea; bowling at Chacewater and sailing
· Work Related Learning/Careers Education: - Over 20 work placements/tasters offered as part of The Curnow Partnership in Redruth and running of our business enterprise ‘CurnowCreative’ selling products at a range of shops and local events. We also link to many FE providers, including Truro and Cornwall College and Kehelland Trust.
If you would like any further information in relation to our Post 16 offer, please don't hesitate to contact the school.